There is a lot going on for the SL Education Roundtable, soon to be Virtual Worlds Education Roundtable. I thought it might be a good idea to summarize some stuff in one place.
- We are currently in the middle of a Logo Design Competition. Everyone is welcome to submit something. Details on that can be found at http://vwerlogodesign.wikispaces.com
- The topic of our upcoming meeting, Tuesday the 22nd, will be Meeting Management and Event/Function Facilitation Tools. 2:30pm SLT. Montclair State CHSSSouth Amphitheater
- Join us for our Holiday Meeting, Tuesday December 29th. There will be no formal “meeting” per se. The idea here is to enjoy each others company, network, socialize, and one of the main things is for new people to join us to find out things they may not know or want to know more about. There will be volunteers on hand to answer questions about a wide variety of topics (changing clothing, attachments, etc….). We’ll have freebie clothing and other items, food, drink, dancing, and not far from the amphitheater location (in our Quidditch pitch) we have a winter wonderland built with free ice skates, snow ball throwers, and much more. If for no other reason, you MUST come see this winter build. We retained Claudia13 Rossini, who also built the Quidditch build for us. She has done an astounding job and I recommend her services wholeheartedly!
- The first official meeting of the Virtual Worlds Education Roundtable will take place on Tuesday, January 5th, at 2:30pm SLT. This meeting is a reprise of our very first, Special 1st of the Month meeting last January. The topic is: Possible, Probable, and Preferable Futures of Education in Virtual Worlds – Redux and our special amazing panel includes: Sarah Robbins (SL: Intellagirl Tulley), Chris Collins (SL: Fleep Tuque), Jonathon Richter (SL: Wainbrave Bernal), Ken Hudson (SL: Kenny Hubble), Daniel Livingston (SL: Buddy Sprocket), and Anthony Fontana (SL: Anthonyfontana Chavelier)
- January 11th, VWER hosts its monthly non-SL event, we’ll be meeting in Metaplace. Details to be provided later.
- January 19th, VWER announces the start of a new monthly feature – VWER’s The Reading Meeting. The 3rd Tuesday of each month we will meet around the topic of a previously determined and announced article pertaining to virtual worlds and education. Details on the article for this first meeting are coming soon. Our facilitator for this first meeting will be Evelyn McElhinney.
- February 8th, VWER hosts is monthly non-SL event, we’ll be meeting on the ReactionGrid. Details to be provided later.
- February 9th the VWER will have our Special 1st of the Month meeting, a week late. Our very special guest for this meeting will be Barry Fishman, who serves on President Obama’s National Educational Technology Plan committee.
There is SO much more planned, this is just the beginning. If this listserve is not the best place for you to get your information like this, you can follow us on Twitter (username VWER) on Facebook, LinkedIn, Koinup, Flicker, and in Second Life – all under the name Virtual Worlds Education Roundtable.